ADHM 2009

Welcome     Login | Signup   ADHM Community | Runners Wall | Members| Tag | Discussions | Support a cause
r u ready to challnge Chandigarh Marathon on Feb 27, 2010. ==>> 42.195 kms
| More

Shivanshu
10 September 2009, 01:53:17

The 'Chandigarh Marathon- 2010' will be a full marathon of 42.195 kms and the route will include beautiful areas of Mohali and Panchkula.

I am ready .... Do you ??

Re: r u ready to challnge Chandigarh Marathon on Feb 27, 2010. ==>> 42.195 kms
| More

Gaurav Madan
10 September 2009, 11:25:51

Wow.....

Didnt know about that... a marathon is such a beautiful city like Chandigarh.

If not occupied with work, I'd definitely love to step in there and cherish those moments.

| More

Rajesh
10 September 2009, 12:45:58

no... it will be first time in chandigarh ???????? who is organising it ???? last we we did thats 14kmsin Association with Safety council ..

| More

Shivanshu
11 September 2009, 00:00:35

Chandigarh is all set to host its first ever marathon in February and the administration here is projecting it as a big tourism-oriented sports event.
Plans to host the Chandigarh Marathon-2010 were finalised in a meeting held here Monday under the chairmanship of home secretary Ram Niwas.

The marathon, which covers 42.195 kilometres, will cover the neighbouring towns of Mohali and Panchkula.

“This mega event will put Chandigarh on the international map as a tourist destination and certainly give boost to the tourism sector. Attractive prizes worth more than Rs.10 lakh (Rs.1 million) would be given to the participants,” Niwas told reporters here.

He added: “We have plans to invite celebrities like Kapil Dev, Yuvraj Singh, Milkha Singh, Jeev Milkha Singh, Kirron Kher, Gul Panag and other renowned personalities who are associated with Chandigarh to add more colour to this event.”

To decide the final modalities, a core committee of sports and tourism department has been constituted. The administration would also try to rope in various sponsors to collect enough funds in order to organise this marathon on a large scale.

“There would be multi-dimensional activities, which may include cultural activities along the route so that the common public can also become part of this marathon,” Niwas said.

The administration will invite various professional bands, school bands and artists of the North Zone Cultural Centre (NZCC) to perform on the route.

“We would also involve professionals from different fields, NGOs, fitness experts, nutritionists, dieticians and athletic federations in a coordinated manner to make the Chandigarh Marathon a huge success,” Niwas said.

| More

Tanvir Kazmi
11 September 2009, 11:53:42

The correct date is Feb 7th. The date 27th is a misprint in the media, and though many will not buy this argument of mine, almost all marathons in India (and abroad) happen on a Sunday. 7th is Sunday, 27th is Saturday.

BTW, why I say that 7th is the correct date is because I read multiple news article on this, and realized that the correct date is actually 7th Feb.

You can see the calendar of all the marathons in India at:

http://www.runinfinity.com/2009/01/2009-running-calendar.html

Have fun running!

-Tanvir

| More

Veeramani
16 September 2009, 09:56:39

Hi Shivanshu ,

I would appreciate if could put the confirmed dates and the regn. modalities . Also, would be grateful if you could kindly confirm if there are other events - Half marathon, Sr citizen run etc.

Thks n regards,

Veera

| More

Shivanshu
22 September 2009, 16:43:45

Hi Friends...

I guess Tanvis is right but not sure. I checked this on http://www.runinfinity.com/2009/01/2009-running-calendar.html

i got this info from my friend other then this i dont know much. however i will keep posting when ever i get more info...