ADHM 2009

Welcome     Login | Signup   ADHM Community | Runners Wall | Members| Tag | Discussions | Support a cause
Re: Half Marathon runners (21kms) please advice
| More

Amit yadav
21 October 2009, 20:03:32

Dear Runner,

Frankly speaking running on treadmill,that too only for 10 minutes,will leave you nowhere.I mean it takes couple of months serious planned preparation for half marathon and also full one.

I took part in half marathon twice and believe me last 2-3 kms are really test of ones endurance,preservance and how much one can push beyond limits.

So,if you have only practised on treadmill and that too for 10 minutes,its my frank advice to stick to 7 kms run(and try to complete it).

For future preparation for half and ull marathon ,you can log on to runningandliving.com website,this site is really helpful,they themselves organises half and full marathon,next one is on Dec 6,at Gurgaon.

I just hope you donot feel offended as i just tried to tell you real picture as its a long arduous journey,though i have run 2 half marathons and that too within 2 hours ,i am yet to make myself mentally ready for full marathon.Its a challenge which nobody gives to you but you yourself,once you achieved it you will feel elated,its like feeling Heaven on the Earth.

Regards

Amit